Years of Service in Lehi
- President of LHS School Community Council
- ASD District Community Council
- LHS Boosters
- Precinct Chair and County and State Delegate
- Boy Scouts of America, (11 years and counting)
- Owner of a small engineering business in Lehi
Education and Background
- Bachelors and Masters degrees from BYU in Engineering & Business Management
- Taught Math at Salt Lake Community College
- 3rd Generation Lehi Resident
- Bought our 1st home in Lehi in 1995 and our 2nd in 2010
- Raising our family here in Lehi with 4 children educated at Sego Lily, LJHS & LHS
- Parents should be empowered with options for the education of their children (academic, arts, technical and extracurricular)
- Less Federal / More Local control in education
- Elected officials have an incredible responsibility to care for tax payers' money, reduce indebtedness and meet the real public needs
Committed to Lehi Educational Needs
- Growth in this area brings serious school crowding concerns. Scott has spent years promoting efforts to keep class size small and build several new schools including a second high school in Lehi.
- Scott participated in the political redistricting process this past year which created a new board position for Lehi (and one less position in Orem). It is time for Lehi again to be represented by a Lehi resident with a demonstrated history of service in Lehi & one who understands the long term needs of our community.
- In a few years, Lehi will have two high schools. Scott is committed to maintain unity within Lehi and promote renovation of the existing high school so that all of our students will have quality facilities.
- Given his years of service to Lehi & Education, Scott is in a unique position to represent the families of Lehi on the Alpine School District Board.